Campers 13-15 years old Director and Staff Helpers (DASH) the program is specifically designed for our future leaders. This program incorporates training, learning how to work with 4-11-year-olds, learning leadership skills, camp songs, games, and crafts. Participants will be assigned to assist our talented day camp staff with the daily operation of the camp. This program provides an excellent opportunity for teens to obtain hands-on job experience and learn leadership responsibilities, while still under the supervision of our camp staff team.
Campers 16-17 years old Counselors in Training (CIT) the program is specifically designed to develop further our future leaders. This program incorporates training, learning how to work with 4-11-year-olds, further developing their leadership skills, leading camp songs in the morning, implementing games and crafts with the campers. Preferably CIT’s should have gone through the DASH program or a similar program/training. CITs will be assigned to assist our talented day camp staff with the daily operation of the camp; creating and consulting on program ideas with their assigned counselor. This program provides an excellent opportunity for teens to obtain hands-on the job experience, learn leadership responsibilities, and gain more job responsibility; while still under the supervision of our camp staff team.
Teens will learn leadership skills, working with 4-11-year-olds, learning game leading, camp songs, and child supervision. The Training will help them in assisting the staff with the daily operation of the camp. Being a DASH and CIT is an amazingly fun experience.
What DASH/CIT should bring & wear
- Lunch. Refrigeration is not available, so do not send perishable foods. A small snack will be provided every day, or you can bring your own.
- A Water bottle with your campers names on it.
- Comfortable clothes, as campers, WILL get dirty.
- Closed toed shoes and socks are required. No sandals or open back shoes.
- A hat or cap and sunscreen. Parents are required to apply lotion before camp for their child’s protection. The camp counselors are not allowed to help apply.
- Please wear your provided DASH/CIT T-shirt every day. Each participant will receive 2 with their registration, additional T-shirt’s are available for purchase.
Camp Fire SD Membership All campers are required to become a Camp Fire SD member for $25. Benefits include Member Only Discounts, Newsletters, Event Notification and optional Club Programming. Membership is valid for 365 days. Remember when registering for future camps to use your same login credentials, Membership Fees purchased in separate family accounts are non-refundable.