Campers will participate in a range of activities, all of which are age-appropriate games, hikes, and crafts determined by the counselors and what the group likes to do. Activities include Stem Activities, Archery, Hiking, Art and Crafts, Scavenger Hunts, and more.
At this time, we have limited Camp programming for children between the ages of 3-13 years old.
Click on the links below for more information.
A typical day begins with all Campers meeting at their assigned Camp Sites. All Campers will be in small groups of children of the same age, with whom they will spend the entire session. The camper Staff ratio will be 2:16. Camp CaHiTo is a “group-centered” camp – meaning that our campers have the same counselor and peer group for the duration of the camp session. Group-centered camping gives children the best opportunity to experience the powerful feeling of belonging, to make and keep new friends, and to connect with their counselors.
Campers participate in various activities, including age-appropriate games, hikes, and crafts determined by the counselors and what the group likes to do. Activities include Stem Activities, Archery, Hiking, Art and Crafts, Scavenger Hunts, and more.
Camp CaHiTo is located at 3101 Balboa Drive, San Diego, CA 92101. The west side of Balboa Park, is conveniently located in Balboa Park near I-5 and the 163 freeways. We will have three drop-off and pick-up times; please check your registration for the appropriate times.
Camp Hours – Group A 7:30 am – 4:00 pm / Group B 8:00 am – 4:30 pm / Group C 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
What campers should bring to Camp
- Campers should bring lunch and snacks. Refrigeration is not available; please do not send perishable foods. (Camp will not be providing a snack, and the Snack Shack will be closed)
- A Water bottle with your camper’s names on it. Drinking fountains will be available, along with water stations will be available to refill bottles.
- Comfortable play clothes, as campers, WILL get dirty.
- Closed-toed shoes and socks are required. No sandals or open-back shoes.
- A hat or cap and sunscreen. Parents should apply sunscreen before campers arrive at Camp in the morning.
(Age of Camper at start of Camp)
Little Stars: 3-5 years old
Starflight: 5-7 years old
Adventure: 8-10 years old
Discovery: 11-13 years old
Camp Fire SD Membership
All campers must be a Camp Fire SD member for $25. Benefits include but are not limited to Member Only Discounts, Newsletters, and Events. Membership is valid for 365 days.